Monday, March 31, 2008

Blue Eye Shadow Encore!

I had fun writing the Starting Point column in the March issue of GCI magazine -- Blue Eye Shadow Forever -- and it seems that a lot of you had fun reading it! Thanks to all for letting me know that you had seen it and it made you smile nostalgically or even laugh out loud. Blue eye shadow can do that to a person. I understand that "Mimi blue!..." for Mimi Bobeck of the Drew Carey show, was a popular response to the column. A classic and one I somehow neglected to mention in the Starting Point. Cristina Samuels from Mode Cosmetics said her blue shade called Moonstruck was inspired by a favorite movie. She said "naming colors is great fun and making color cosmetics is exhilarating." That's the passion for this business that I so love to see. If you could name an eye shadow -- doesn't have to be blue -- for something you're passionate about, what would you call it, and why?

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

What a lovely blog. It’s so well written, funny and honest. I really enjoyed it and will come back again.

If anyone is looking a for a make-up course then should visit open beauty.


Open Beauty Beauty Therapy Courses information


Open Beauty offer make up courses (NVQ) in central London, they offer a range of support including home study packs and DVDS. I feel that the site would be a good resource for people look to start their careers in the Make Up industry.

8:45 AM, June 06, 2008  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks for writing, Tony. Shame on me for neglecting the blog for so long -- you've inspired me!

8:53 AM, June 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home