Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Checking the Pulse at Teamworks

I spent the afternoon at the Midwest SCC's Teamworks event, and left feeling pretty good about the energy in the room and the vitality of the industry here in the U.S. Midwest. There was a good deal of talk about new product introductions planned for this year among the exhibiting suppliers, as well as about upcoming attendance at the variety of shows that will feature cosmetic ingredients and technologies. The GCI team will be at In-Cosmetics and at the NYSCC's Suppliers' Day, both coming up pretty quickly. It will be interesting to check out the energy and ingredient introductions at those shows.

If you're curious about what's going on in the U.S. Midwest, check out the story we wrote up about a few of the beauty brands that call the Chicago area -- and the Midwest -- home, in the March issue of GCI magazine.

Alberto Culver scientist Perry Romanowski was at the show and did his usual good job of encouraging me to tend to my blog -- he's a pretty committed blogger -- and so I dashed out to get a few words posted about the Teamworks event. If you were there, I'd love to hear your impressions of the event and your take on the vitality I sensed there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Karen,

Thanks for the mention. I'm actually retiring from Alberto and will pursue this blog writing as my new career.

It was good to see you at Teamworks. I thought it was one of the better shows in recent memory. Lots of interesting new compounds to see. It seems everyone is going green these days.

Perry, 44

2:13 PM, May 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home