Monday, January 14, 2008

Bogged Down in the Blogosphere

A reader pointed out to me last week that I hadn't posted to this blog since September, and while I was pretty embarrassed to have been caught neglecting the site, I chose to focus on the fact that BeautyUnion Today was indeed being read! This moment of truth came only a week after a friend in the industry, an avid blogger, asked me how it was going. I had to tell him the sorry truth -- that it had been quite awhile since I had posted an entry. And the thing is, I like blogging! I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I like to see my words "in print" considering the work I do. But blogging comes with the real possibility that a reader will respond with some immediacy to something I write and that, after all, is what it's all about -- getting a conversation going on a topic of mutual interest.

So, I resolve to post regularly to this site -- and that's a lot more fun than vowing to exercise five times a week. You can help me out by leaving a comment when you visit, and by using the survey link under my name on the first page of the blog to let me know the topics of interest to you. Let's get talking!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am VERY EXCITED that you are going to be updating the blog regularly. GCI is by far my favorite beauty industry magazine. I'm starting up my own fragrance company, and I've learned so much from all the fabulously informative articles I've read! =D

12:32 AM, January 15, 2008  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks so much for your encouraging words about the blog and the magazine. Keep those comments coming, and let us know when you're ready to launch!

5:52 AM, January 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home